Author: Niklas Vesely
Email: niklas at listthe dot com
Location: Guangzhou, China
Date: September 9th, 2019
What is Listthe?
Listthe lets users scan USA ocean imports to find their most suitable supplier, based on the historical information, experience and actions of millions of other companies.
How can you see what companies have imported?
Listthe has gathered 50 Million bill of ladings. These are import records that show the importer, exporter, content and date.
You can scan the data by typing a factory name, product or US purchasing company in Listthe's search bar.
Where can I see all US imports?
You can enter a product, importer or exporter to get access to all USA import information of that specific keyword. The search results will be listed by exporter and quantity.
The exporter with which the keyword appears most often is displayed first.
How can I see the customers of factories?
You can see customers of factories on Listthe's main page. When searching for a factory, Listthe will show you all US customers of this factory who have imported over one of USA's ocean harbours
within Listthe's provided time frame.
How to work with shipping data?
When searching through shipping data, it is of upmost importance to use the same terms as shippers use on their shipping documents.
If you search for “professional blue composite basketball”, but factories export the same bags as “composite basketball”, you will not get any search results.
To get the best search results, you need to find the major importer of your required product and add it into your search. A possible search could be: “spalding, composite basketball”.
What information is shown on bill of ladings?
The search results are shown in six columns and give you an overview of all bill of ladings combined information.
1. The first column shows the major exporter’s name and address.
2. The second column shows an example content list of this exporter.
3. The third column shows all importers of the shown exporter, that used the searched keyword(s).
4. The fourth column shows all importers, that have imported goods from the shown exporter.
5. The fifth column shows in how many bill of ladings this exporter is listed; how many of these bill of ladings also list the searched keyword(s); as well as the ratio between the two. The ratio gives you an understanding for an exporter’s focus on your searched keyword(s). If the focus shows 10%, it means that 90% of this exporter’s exports where related to other causes as your search.
6. The sixth and last column lists links to Bing image searches of your keyword(s) in combination with this exporter’s importer’s names. This gives you a rough understanding of what the listed factory’s products look like.
Where do I find import information on specific companies?
The importer names are linked to their company profiles.
How can I find the manufacturer of a company?
The profiles show you the selected import company’s fifteen biggest exporters. These 15 exporters are sorted by quantity of shipments to the analyzed company. Exporters in this list are commonly the company’s major offshore suppliers.
Where can I access US import information
By opening any specific company, you will get access to the information of the shipments this company received from its 15 major offshore suppliers. The first broad overview shows you the rank based on how often the company receives goods from the listed supplier, the name of the supplier, the total quantity of shipments, as well as the three most commonly used words within their content descriptions.
Where can I see US bill of ladings?
You can open any transaction history between a supplier and a recipient, by clicking on the light blue bar behind the exporters information. When opening the dropdown bar, a table shows which lets you scroll through all shipments between the listed supplier and the previously selected importer.
The data presented in each row represents one bill of lading. It shows the date, packaging details, weight, a description of the shipped goods, and the HS code.
How can I find a product’s HS code?
After opening the light blue bar, scroll to the right to see the shipment's HS codes.
How do I see if my competitor is growing?
Listthe lets you see how your competitor's purchasing quantity has changed over the last years.
This is a strong indicator for growth.
Listthe automatically creates in depth competitor analysis.
Access your competitor analysis by searching for your US competitor and clicking on his name
to open your competitor's data report.